- Brokering a bipartisan coalition in the Congress to pass legislation that cuts U.S. ties to Rosoboronexport, the Russian state arms dealer and a major supplier of arms to the Assad regime in Syria
- Launching a major Human Rights Summit that brought together unlikely partners to develop practical solutions to human rights challenges
- Advocating successfully for the Senate Select Intelligence Committee to adopt in a bipartisan vote the findings of its three-year investigation of the CIA torture program
- Bringing the voices of embattled Bahraini activists into the halls of power in Washington to press the U.S. to stand up to its ally and with those working for democracy
- Winning asylum for 80 refugees, enabling them to restart their lives in safety and freedom.